Shawna LeAnn's Reviews > Trying to Score

Read from March 06 to 08, 2012

You can find this and other reviews on my blog: Dreaming In The Pages

-----------------------------------------------

*sigh*

Yes folks. I am starting out a review with a sigh. Because 1) I can. And 2(I am in total and complete love with the second book in the Assassins series. I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t nervous as hell to pick up this book either. I was so enamored with Shea and Elli in Taking Shots I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to open up my heart to yet another Hockey stud muffin who was gunning for my heart. But alas, I was so very wrong. A little steamy, a little heartbreaking, and a whole lot of fanning yourself are in order this time around readers. Are your cheeks feeling a little pink yet? Get use to the feeling.

Now, as I said, I didn’t know if I was even able to love a story as much as I did Shea and Elli’s. I KNOW Elli [I swear, she is me] and how could I love someone more than I love Shea Alder?! [I’m still not sure I actually can…] After the first chapter I had no doubt Toni was going to be blowing me away yet again. Fallon and Lucas’s story is a total 180 from what we read in Taking Shots. Like Elli, Fallon has her own sets of faults and personal problems going on, but once Lucas Brooks enters the story we notice that Fallon and Lucas’s relationship is far more intertwined than we could have first imagined. I quickly fell for the banter and quirks between these two. As Fallon was extremely slow to even warm up to Lucas, I fell for him hard and fast and couldn’t help but to cheer him on as he tried to get Fallon back into his arms.

Now, before I go all gaga over Lucas Brooks some more, I wanted to say how much I LOVED being able to see Elli and Shea in this book. It was AMAZING to get to see their story even after we thought it was ‘over’ when their book ended. Now, since that is aside, I can address how much I love how Toni sets a story up. I love that when I am done with one of her books, I feel like I’m complete. Like Taking Shots, Trying to Score was no short story. You are taking through the up’s and down’s of this relationship and you feel like once you take one step forward you take five steps back and then your heart is aching for what almost happened. Toni gets me so wrapped up in this story that once even something little happens [like Fallon coming to her senses on certain subjects] I seriously jump up in my seat and squeal out in glee. There is nothing like seeing someone completely turn around.

Fresh, new, and something completely unexpected I quickly became glued to Toni Aleo’s second work of masterpiece and, to be honest, it has actually made me start watching hockey. [Go Preds!] If you fell in love with Taking Shots, I have no doubt in my mind that you will fall for Trying to Score. There is nothing like watching a story you thought was long over, blossom and become everything you ever wished it would have been. There is also nothing like a little steam and fanning oneself either. But why are you sitting there reading the end of my review?! Shouldn’t you be rushing out to go buy this?! Oh, and be sure to say hello to Lucas Brooks for me. I have a feeling you two will get along swimmingly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trying to Score.

Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews woot woot! :)

Autumn Review HOLLA!!!! Did you have tears like me?

Shawna LeAnn Man. It was the best. I had teary eyes. <3
I can wait for the next one!!!!

Autumn Review I know! I'm so glad you like the series! <3

message 5: by Renee (new) - added it

Renee Great review, I was a little put off by the book summery, but your review pushed me. Thank you!