Ally 's Reviews > Magic Rises

Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews

Mar 06, 2012

bookshelves: to-read

Excuse me but I think I read wrong, 2013?
I do not want a Kate Daniels book 5.5 as Goodreads so kindly pointed out or a mini story or one line sentence teasers, I want the date to be bumped forward! Lets see if I remember this series in 2 years time *hmmph*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Rises.

Midnite I know, Ally, but Gunmetal Magic (book 5.5) should be a good one. It's from Andrea's POV and the authors' explained they need to tell this part of the story before they can continue with Kate's. 2013 will be a big year with the new Kate Daniels book, the next Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson book and a new Deanna Raybourn novel. If you haven't read Raybourn's Lady Julia Grey series or Briggs' Mercy Thompson series, I recommend them highly. And they will keep you busy until 2013!

message 2: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally Midnite wrote: "I know, Ally, but Gunmetal Magic (book 5.5) should be a good one. It's from Andrea's POV and the authors' explained they need to tell this part of the story before they can continue with Kate's. 20..."

Well, I guess your right Midnite. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it, I'm definitely not, but you are definitely right. Although I don't think I've had the pleasure of reading the Julia Grey series but i do tend to stay away from period books as I'm a big fan of history and I hate the inconsistencies or the typical she's more liberal than the people of her time...etc

But thank you I do read the other series, gotta read the last Mercy Thompson book, only got half way till it annoyed my but I'll catch up :)

Midnite The last Mercy book was my least favorite, but my fingers are crossed that the next one will be better. And I understand about period books. Julia Grey's family is very quirky.

James The lastest Mercy Thompson book was kind of a let down, the latest Alpha and Omega book on the other hand, which you will want to read before the next Mercy book, was amazing.

Midnite I had no idea it would be best to read the latest Alpha and Omega book before the next Mercy Thompson. I'm way behind since I haven't read Hunting Ground yet. Thanks for the heads up.

James Oh yes. Fair Game was world altering; unless the next Mercy Thompson book gets placed before it, which I don't believe will be the case, having read it will be important.

The author will probably have to devote some space in the new book to making sure people who didn't read Fair Game know what happened...

message 7: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally Hey guys, just wondering do I HAVE to have read the Andrea book to understand this book?

Midnite Unfortunately, I don't remember, so probably, no.

message 9: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally Did you read it? was it good?
And oh well I hope not.

Midnite I did read it. I thought it was okay. It didn't give me the same pleasure reading a Kate Daniels book, but there was a character I liked a lot (the Russian volhv - not sure I spelled that correctly). I like Andrea as Kate's best friend, but didn't want to read a book about her, and I've never been a huge Raphael fan, so maybe that's why I wasn't too thrilled with it.