Emma's Reviews > Sea Witch Rising

Sea Witch Rising by Sarah Henning

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you so much to HarperCollins Children's UK for the opportunity to read this prior to release. I cannot wait for my pre-order to arrive.

Last year I read Sea Witch and I fell in love. The Little Mermaid has been my favourite story/fairytale since I was a child and I couldn't wait to read the Sea Witch origin story.

Skip forward a year and we now have Sea Witch Rising a story that sees us move forward a number of years. I loved the dual perspective of this book. We follow Runa a mermaid who wants nothing more than to help her sister/family in the beginning. This progresses further within the story but no spoilers here. I loved her character growth and how she deals with everything that is thrown at her. The second perspective is Evie the Sea Witch herself. I loved Evie as much as i did in the first and I couldn't get enough of her inner monologue. I can't say anymore but everyone truly gets what i believe they deserve and need by the end.

The writing is spectacular and immersive. Sarah Henning has knocked it out the park for what will again be one of my favourites of the year. I really hope this time next year there is another release set in this world!

If you love the little mermaid or retellings this needs to be added to your TBR as a must read. 100% recommend.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea Witch Rising.

July 16, 2019 – Started Reading