Ga Books LoverX's Reviews > Kickoff: The Originals

Kickoff by Jami Davenport

Good book and I totally give it 4.5 outta 5 (wish I could give half stars on here!)

This was a great light and easy read (even though it does have heavy topics) I felt as if I was not being submerged in the drama, I was just more along for the ride and sitting passenger and eating popcorn while it all unfolds. Jami Davenport did a great job setting everything up. This is way more than a second chance romance between two friends that took it a little bit further than what they should have and now have a chance to right the wrongs. The background stories make this book REALLY freaking good and the characters are unforgettable (totally tearing up a little).

Derek is a WR in the NFL and he is a bit down on his luck, ever since he has been injured he cannot get out of his head and it is seriously hurting his chances for having more seasons with the team. He has his cousin and best friend Tyler on the team as well which never usually happens so he should be living the dream, so why isn't he?

Rachel has so many things going against her. Being a woman in a male dominated world is already enough of a red flag but throw in the fact that her father was accused of something so against their beliefs just hit the nail on the coffin. She has a chance with the Steelheads to be a consultant and maybe just maybe be able to then pass into a coaching role if she proves herself. She just didn't realize how hard that would be with Derek there as well.

These two have major unfinished business and when they hook up and Derek plays the best games of his life, well you can't stop what works right? Even if it costs Rachel her job and her happiness (again) just a few more times is worth it right? Not even to mention all the background stuff going on. I totally recommend checking this book out!

PS: Thanks to Jami Davenport and L Woods PR for allowing me an advanced copy of the book in return for my honest review!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kickoff.

July 16, 2019 – Shelved