Christy's Reviews > One Short Summer

One Short Summer by Jasmin Miller

bookshelves: 2019-four-stars

photo IMG_4269_zpsurpcuol0.png

Immediately after finishing Baking with a Rockstar, I knew I wanted Monica and Gabe's story. I love a good friends to lovers romance and these two aren't just friends, they're roommates. This was the sweetest and swooniest story and I adored it!

Monica has been staying with Gabe for a while now. After an injury left her unable to continue her career in dance, she's missing that direction for her life. Dance has always been that one thing she wanted to do and not knowing if she'll be able to do it in the future terrifies her. Gabe is trying to help her move on. He knows she has it in her to dance again and they go on a bit of a get away to motivate her.
“Monica, you will dance again. You know that, right?” His voice is strong and steady, so full of confidence that my heart skips a beat. I shrug my shoulders but don’t respond. I want to believe it. I want to believe him. But I’m afraid it’s too late.

Gabe is an author and he has it bad for Monica. This retreat they go on makes him realize it even more. The more time these two spend together isolated, the more Monica's feelings for Gabe start to develop. I loved watching these two fall for one another. Watching them fall in love was the best. Just as this is all happening, Monica finds it in herself starting to dance again. And as thrilling as it is for her, if she goes back to her dance company, it takes her away from Gabe which is a scary thought... what's a girl to do?

Gabe was seriously the best hero. He was kind, generous, and all around a great guy. I loved Monica as well. It was great to watch her find herself again after the rut she was in. I also loved getting to see some of the characters from the first book in this series. Even though this book can be read as a complete stand-alone, I would recommend checking out the first book. It will give you a bit of Monica and Gabe's back story, plus it's a great read!

If you're looking for something sexy, sweet, fun, and flirty pick this up! You'll be left with a big smile on your face. This is the perfect summer read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Short Summer.

July 16, 2019 – Started Reading
July 16, 2019 – Shelved
July 17, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-four-stars
July 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Jasmin (new) - added it

Jasmin Miller OMG did you inhale it? Haha. Thanks so much!!! Looking forward to your review! <3

Christy Jasmin wrote: "OMG did you inhale it? Haha. Thanks so much!!! Looking forward to your review! <3"

LOL I started it the day before and didn't make it super far, but last night I read from 22%-100% haha! I was captivated ;)

message 3: by Jasmin (new) - added it

Jasmin Miller Christy wrote: "Jasmin wrote: "OMG did you inhale it? Haha. Thanks so much!!! Looking forward to your review!

You know how to make a girl happy. Thank you!!!! 😍😍😍

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz Great review my friend!

Christy Liz wrote: "Great review my friend!"

Thanks, love! xo