Cathy's Reviews > The Emerald Heart of Courtenay

The Emerald Heart of Courtenay by Anita Stansfield

F 50x66

This book is probably my favorite Anita Stansfield novel ever! The way she wrote her characters, plot, and setting just combined to make the perfect book. I didn’t want to put it down!

This whole book is written through the eyes of Sarah Courtenay. Sarah’s father dies in the first chapter. And it isn’t much after that that the reader learns that her father was killed. And there’s some concern that Sarah will be next. I loved the way the author did this. It just created enough suspense that the reader is entranced and wants to keep reading to find out what will happen to Sarah.

Sarah is a great character! She’s kind, compassionate, smart and willing to put herself in danger for her friends and family. But she’s an heiress, so she goes into hiding with Darius, the man hired to be her bodyguard. I loved the relationships that Sarah forms with those around her. Her aunt, is a great example of someone that Sarah cares for, even though she is a bit of a whiny woman. I loved the way Poppy and Sarah loved and cared for each other through the whole book.

The plot of this one is great! I loved the way the reader never quite knows who the killer is until the end, when it’s revealed by the author.

This is such a great book! Make sure to read it!

I was sent a copy of The Emerald Heart of Courtenay as a gift from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emerald Heart of Courtenay.

Started Reading
July 16, 2019 – Shelved
July 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Mara (new)

Mara I keep looking on NetGalley for this one but haven't seen it yet.