Leigh Kramer's Reviews > Stolen Desire

Stolen Desire by Robin Lovett

bookshelves: favorites, lgbtq

OK, yes, this alien sex planet book is deliciously bananas but it also illustrates why I love reading romance. Authors are incredibly inventive and this story delighted me to no end. Case in point: the characters can enter each other's dreams and all kinds of steamy fun ensues, which is a great workaround for Jenie who is trying to avoid forming a mating bond with nonmonogamous Koviye. The stakes between these two! Good heavens.

It was so fun watching Koviye realize he was not only capable of monogamy, he was capable of love and those inexplicable feelings he had toward Jenie were in fact feelings of love. I guess that's my new catnip! The other thing I really enjoyed about this is that Koviye's skin changes colors according to his emotions and he was able to see Jenie's emotions (similar to seeing someone's aura). The way this was incorporated into the story was fascinating. This is such an enjoyable series and I really hope Lovett will continue on with it.

CW: military, conversation about sexual assault, reference to past spaceship crash

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Desire.

July 15, 2019 – Started Reading