Gail Hollingsworth's Reviews > Christmas from the Heart

Christmas from the Heart by Sheila Roberts

Take a small town, Pine River, add a generous hearted girl, a Scrooge like Corporate rich guy, and a lovestruck country boy and what do you have? Another hit by author Sheila Roberts! This story warmed my heart and got me thinking of Christmas even in this 100 degree weather in Alabama. Olivia Berg is head of a non-profit called Christmas from the Heart. She works all year with small pay trying to raise money to make the holidays a little merrier for the folks in Pine River and surrounding areas that are down on their luck. One of the company’s that has always been most generous is Hightower Enterprises. Only this year they have opted not to contribute. This puts a strain on what Livi can do for those in need this year. Guy Hightower becomes an arch enemy. So when his fancy, expensive car breaks down in Pine River, Livi stops to give him a lift not realizing his real identity. He gives her a fake name so as not to ruffle her feathers. And now the fun begins!
This book is full of conflict, jealousy, romance and my favorite—humor. You can’t miss with a novel set in a small town where everyone knows everyone and their business as well. Let the grapevine commence!
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author but was not required to write a review positive or otherwise. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas from the Heart.

July 15, 2019 – Shelved