Christine's Reviews > Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder

Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder by Amy Lillard

bookshelves: cozies

This is the first book in the Main Street Book Club series.
Arlo Stanley owns a bookstore café in Sugar Springs, Mississippi. The book starts with Arlo getting called to her store because the author who she was having for a book signing was found dead in front of her store. Initially, it looks like Wally Harrison jumped out of the third story window above Arlo's shop. But how did he gain access to the building and did he really jump or was he pushed. As it begins to look like Wally was pushed, Arlo's best friend becomes the prime suspect since she was the last to speak to Wally and she had the most to gain. When Chloe is arrested, Arlo and her book club members search for the real killer so the can get Chloe out of jail.
I really enjoyed this book. I thought the Characters were well put together and I love Book club group. Helen, Camille, and Fern are so much fun. I can't wait to read more about them. I also am curious to learn more about Mads, the sheriff, and Sam. Both who have history with Arlo. Even though I suspected who the killer was pretty early on the book was still enjoyable.
I received this book from netgalley in exchange for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder.

July 14, 2019 – Started Reading