Ashley Houser's Reviews > Shamed

Shamed by Linda Castillo

Out today!

I'm going to be honest here. This is not a book I probably would have picked up for myself. I'm not typically into books that incorporate Amish culture, but I was sent a copy of this book from the publisher so I gave it a shot.

Very glad that I didn't allow my preconceived notions to deter me. I liked this book very much. And the way Linda Castillo wove the Amish culture into the book was actually one of the best parts. The impact of Amish customs and privacy on the investigation of a murder was fascinating.

When an elderly Amish woman is murdered and her young granddaughter is taken by the perpetrator, Chief of Police Kate Burkholder must race against time to save her.

I enjoyed the way the story unfolded and information was given to the reader. I will say that nothing about the story was very shocking. I didn't find the twists very twisty (until the very end where there was one that caught me completely off guard). But, it was an enjoyable police procedural that I think a lot of readers would really enjoy.

-I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Linda Castillo and Minotaur Books for the opportunity to review.-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shamed.

Started Reading