Sarah Spelbring's Reviews > Pearl in the Mist

Pearl in the Mist by V.C. Andrews

Having read the first book in this series, plus Flowers in the Attic, I really should have seen what was coming in this book. It was even foreshadowed, but I didn't and that is actually a good thing because it meant this book is well written.

So for some context, there was an event I DID see coming, V.C. Andrews is a master at creating drama and I knew something had to happen, which it did. This was also foreshadowed but I picked up on this one.

The other event, which is actually a series of events due to cause and effect, I didn't see coming, though I can see where it might be going in the next book. I'll give a little bit of a hint, not a spoiler per say (I dislike spoilers), but given that V.C. Andrews' books all deal with generational controversy and drama (really wish I had another word for that) I completely and utterly missed it and I feel a bit of an idiot for it (I'm laughing at myself now, it's ok).

I already have the rest of the series, am interested to see where it goes as there are three more books, and I have some idea on the next book, but the other two I haven't a clue (though I could throw out some random guesses as many of Andrews' books deal with incest).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pearl in the Mist.

July 14, 2019 – Shelved