Elke's Reviews > In Silent Graves: The Cedar Hills Series

In Silent Graves by Gary A. Braunbeck

Aug 01, 2008

bookshelves: novels, horror, free4review, e-mobi, librarything, review
Read from July 07 to 23, 2015

This was my first novel by the author and not at all what I expected. What I expected was a straight-forward horror story, but what I got was a multi-layered story that can't be pegged as only one genre. Sometimes I felt completely overwhelmed by the complexity of the plot, but the author amazingly managed to get back on track and keep everything in line.

Graves was by no means a fast-paced read. The extensive plot demands a great deal of attention and the outstanding prose must be savored rather than devoured. But patience truly pays off with this novel. I have to admit that several times I started getting bored, but I always felt an overwhelming urge to continue reading, like a strong undercurrent that carries you away. Patience really pays off with this incredible story that will still occupy your mind for some time.

I read the comparatively long after word contained in this version with great interest. It was extremely revealing and the therein provided short story felt like a tasty little refill.

(I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Silent Graves.

07/04/2015 marked as: next2review