Amanda's Reviews > Baby Proof

Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

F 50x66
Mar 06, 2012

Read in August, 2007

** spoiler alert ** I read this book right after Something Borrowed and Something Blue, so I have to admit I didn’t like it at first. I still wanted to know more about Rachael and Darcy. However a few chapters into Baby Proof, I was sucked in. Claudia and Ben’s fight that resulted in them getting divorced was a little odd, just one argument and they get a quick divorce. However as I read on I realized they are both too stubborn to admit they were wrong until it was too late, and that’s why they broke up. It was frustrating when they see each other after their divorce, because you could tell they both was to admit their true feelings but are afraid of what the other one might think. An example was at the christening after Ben’s speech. He was truly hurt by Claudia bringing Richard, and she was upset because she saw the pain she caused him.I loved the ending when they both finally admitted to each other that they need the other one in their lives. I just wish Emily Giffin ended it with a little more answers. Yes we know they are on a slow path getting back together but what will happen to them in the future. Will they remarry? Have Children? I know Emily Giffin writes her past characters in other books I just hope one day we finally get some answers on Claudia and Ben.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby Proof.