Jill Kemerer's Reviews > Green With Envy: A Whole New Way to Look at Financial (Un)Happiness

Green With Envy by Shira Boss

Mar 06, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in March, 2012

Great premise but not much follow through. I love reading the juicy details of how other people deal with money, and the author clearly does too. While this book does have great insight about society's taboo about money, our own keeping up with the Joneses propensities, and how any income level stresses about finances, I was disappointed there wasn't much follow through.

We learned about the couple next door, but once we knew their situation, we never really found out how they ended up. We learned about the couple who declared bankruptcy, but how did the fallout affect how they spent money? Sure, they found new friends and had to make do with less, but were lessons learned? Maybe that wasn't the point of the book, but if I read examples, I want to know how it all turned out! Including the author's life. She shared, so where are they now?

Still, this was an insightful book worth reading, especially for anyone who wonders how their neighbors afford their lifestyle. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green With Envy.

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Sunseri this sounds like an interesting read, Jill. Might have to check it out.

Jill Kemerer Heather wrote: "this sounds like an interesting read, Jill. Might have to check it out."

I enjoyed it, Heather. Like I said, I prefer the whole story--lessons learned, new knowledge applied, that sort of thing--but overall, this is an entertaining, quick read. Let me know if you try it!