Kaleena Zagrzebski 's Reviews > Anything For You

Anything For You by Saul Black

bookshelves: 2019-reads

ANYTHING FOR YOU centers around the life of Rachel and Adam Grant. An intruder breaks into their home, killing Adam, a well-known prosecutor, and leaves Rachel clinging for her life, while their daughter, Elspeth, is staying at a friends house. Homicide detective, Valerie Hart, steps in to help solve the case, but also has a history with the murder victim that she can’t let impact the case.

I was unsure of this book at first. There was a lot of language used (the “c” word for instance) that I felt was very unnecessary, didn’t add to the characters at all, and almost made me put the book down. I noticed it was starting to get better, so I decided to keep going, because I was still very intrigued by the storyline! I had a pretty good idea how this one was going to turn out, but I loved the pace, twists and turns along the way. This one goes back and forth between our killer, leading up to and shortly after the murder, and Valerie Hart, the detective investigating the murder. The title ANYTHING FOR YOU initially made me think this was more about a crazy stalker ex-wife or girlfriend, but it turned out to be completely different! So, if you marked this one as a DNF because of some of the reasons I mentioned above, I would encourage you to pick this one up again! FYI - this is the third book in the series, but I haven’t read the first two and I don’t think it impacted the storyline at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anything For You.

July 14, 2019 – Shelved