C.G. Drews's Reviews > Poe: Stories and Poems: A Graphic Novel Adaptation

Poe by Gareth Hinds

bookshelves: graphic-novel, read-2019

I do love when graphic books make classics more accessible. I'm not sure if these were the full stories though? The poems in here seemed complete (I really like the Anabel Lee poem...maybe because of Lady Midnight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who can know for sure). I haven't the faintest what the Raven is actually about except it's not quoting someone evermore.

The art was really good too! Very grim and dark and the prevailing colours were BLACK and bLACKER. A very full palette. Poe would be proud.

I have to...uh, say. After reading the first two stories though; the overall topic is just "here are some people tHEN THEY ALL DIE GRUESOMELY." Like wtf, Poe, do you need to talk to someone. A guy annoyed another guy so he chained him up and built him into a wall.

Anyway. That was my cheery sunday afternoon reading how are you 🤗

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poe.

July 14, 2019 – Started Reading
July 14, 2019 – Shelved
July 14, 2019 – Shelved as: graphic-novel
July 14, 2019 – Shelved as: read-2019
July 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Hewitt Yes, that pretty much sums Poe up! He's definitely macabre.

message 2: by Annika (new)

Annika Wahl Uhhh I think that you might enjoy Edgar Alan Poe's Murder Mystery Dinner Party by Shipwrecked Comedy on Youtube. Poe Party is an amazing webseries about an awkward Poe inviting other authors for a murder mystery party to woo Anabel Lee. Murder,famous authors and also a sassy ghosts! And if you watched the Lizzie Bennet Diaries you will recognize some familiar faces.