Beatrice's Reviews > Lover Revealed

Read from March 06 to 07, 2012

4 ½ stars, really.

Obviously, I loved it.

THE CHARACTERS
- Butch and Marissa are not my favorite characters and probably will never be, but I thought them okay. I actually enjoyed seeing their growth troughout the book, and they didn't bore me as I thought they would. Not at all, actually.
- Rehvenge... Ah... I actually surprised myself liking him so much more in this book than in the last one. He's got potential, and I actually can't wait to read more about him.
- Vishous is... Vishous. He is conflicted, and confusing as hell. I still don't know if I like him or not, but my opinion about him surely has improved. His will be the next book in the series,
Lover Unbound... I sure hope to get to know him better and to like him more.
- My favourite brother is still Zsadist, and there wasn't nearly enough of him in Lover Revealed. I like the changes in him though - I love seeing him as a teacher.
- John is growing, and I hope he can put all that rage behind him. Zsadist and Wrath are helping, and they're obviously needed, but... I'm worried. I have to say that I liked JM more and more as the book progressed, and I can't wait to see his transition.
- Mr.X ... I have to say that I despised him. A lot. But in here... Pity was all I had to give him. Poor guy... I still hate him, but now I'm sorry for him as well.

FAVORITE SCENES
(view spoiler)

I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about the next book in the series, so I'm a little worried. That won't stop me from reading it, since I'm enjoying this series so much, but... let's just say I've got my doubts about V. I don't really connect with him... What a pity.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Revealed.

Quotes Beatrice Liked

J.R. Ward
“V was half way down the hall when he heard a yelp. He hightailed it back, barging through the door. “What? What’s …”

“I’m going bald!”

V whipped back the shower curtain and frowned. “What are you talking about? You’ve still got your hair…”

“Not my head! My body, you idiot! I’m going bald!”

Vishous glanced down. Butch’s torso and legs were shedding, a rush of dark brown fuzz pooling around the drain.

V started laughing. “Think of it this way. At least you won’t have to worry about shaving your back as you get old, true? No manscaping for you.”

He was not surprised when a bar of soap came firing at him.”

J.R. Ward
“Butch repositioned the Sox cap, and as his wrist passed by his nose, he got another whiff of himself. "Ah, V. . . listen, there is something a little weird going down on me."

"What?"

"I smell like men's cologne."

"Good for you. Females dig that kind of thing."

"Vishous, I smell like Obsession for Men, only I'm not WEARING any, you feel me?"

There was silence on the line. Then, "Humans don't bond."

"Oh, really. You want to tell that to my central nervous system and my sweat glands? They'd appreciate the news flash, I'm sure.”

J.R. Ward
“Shit. . . this was a bad idea. A pure-blooded, bonded male vampire about to watch his shellan feed someone else. Holy hell, when the Scribe Virgin had suggested Beth come down, V had assumed it was for ceremonial purposes, not so she could be a vein. But what was the choice? Butch was going to suck Marissa dry and not have enough and there wasn't another female in the house who could do the job: Mary was still human and Bella was pregnant.

Besides, like dealing with Rhage or Z would be any easier? For the beast, they'd need a tranq gun the size of a cannon and Z. . . well, shit.”

J.R. Ward
“That's you," Wrath said. You shall be called the Black Dagger warrior Dhestroyer, descended of Wrath son of Wrath."

"But you'll always be Butch to us," Rhage cut in. "As well as hard-ass. Smart-ass. Royal pain in the ass. You know, whatever the situation calls for. I think as long as there's an ASS in there, it'll be accurate."

"How about bASStard?" Z suggested.

"Nice. I feel that.”

J.R. Ward
“You've got some of me in you, cop.' Wrath's smile stuck around as he slid his glasses back on. 'Course, I always knew you were a royal. Just didn't think it went past the pain-in-the-ass-part is all.”

08/11/2016 marked as: read