Jeann (Happy Indulgence) 's Reviews > Touched by an Alien

Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch

Mar 05, 2012

bookshelves: 5-star, romance, paranormal-uf, buddy-reads

With a name like "Touched by an alien", it's no doubt that this book would be hilarious and unconventional, not taking itself seriously. Even the blurb was funny, I mean handsome aliens dressed in Armani suits? The book delivered lots of laughs, action, romance, and more.

Nothing could prepare me for the entertainment that ensued upon reading the book. The witty banter alone was incredibly fun, between the Alpha-Centaurions (or A-C's) which are all incredibly good looking, smart aliens who are great in bed and who hold superpowers like "extreme empathy". When you look at the book as a whole, it's really funny but it definitely doesn't try too hard to be that.

Kitty is a great heroine with an excellent sense of humour. She could win battles just on her quick wit and taste in hard rock music alone. Her parents are also an interesting pair, one of which is even more kick ass than her daughter.

This book wasn't perfect however, with a political and religious agenda explaining why the aliens came to Earth. It did confuse me in some parts, but carried on at a fast pace. There was heaps of action moving the book at a fast pace, although I was disappointed that the Montblac pen didn't make a reappearance later in the book.

*minor spoiler*(view spoiler)

I definitely enjoyed this title, and will be continuing with the rest of the series. This series is definitely underrated, if you want a good, entertaining sci-fi romance then pick this up!

Check out Happy Indulgence for more reviews!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touched by an Alien.

March 5, 2012 – Shelved
June 10, 2012 – Started Reading
June 11, 2012 –
page 46
page 153
39.33% "Loving it so far!"
page 171
43.96% "Haha if you were an alien who could look like any human, why wouldn't you look like a supermodel? LOL"
page 223