Wulfwyn 's Reviews > The Wishing Cradle

The Wishing Cradle by Donna Walo Clancy

bookshelves: seasonsofreading-past

What a lovely story! I’m delighted that I came across this book. It has wonderful characters along with plenty of drama and romance. It started off with domestic violence and I wasn’t certain I was ready for that. But Sophie had me hooked and the story flowed easily. The domestic violence did cause me a few twitches as I remembered my own experiences while pregnant with my oldest daughter. But the author didn’t get too graphic or violent though there were consequences. I like that she kept it real, especially with Sophie and her memories. The book held a few surprises and took some twists and turns. I absolutely adored Riley. I recommend this book especially if you are looking for something a bit dark set partially at Christmas time. I was expecting something kind of light and was delightfully surprised with a deeper story.
This is a page turner that normally would have taken me a few hours to read; I’m thinking about 4 hours max. I was being treated for severe pain though so it took much longer.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wishing Cradle.

July 12, 2019 – Started Reading