Jennifer's Reviews > Sinners are Winners

Sinners are Winners by Lani Lynn Vale

bookshelves: lani-lynn-vale, kpd-motor-patrol, arc-books-completed, books-ive-reviewed

I read this book, then turned around and read it again! Usually, I will pick up a book by this author, and not be able to put it down, but I loved Lock and Saylor so much, I just had to read their story again! This book had all of the thinks I love so much about this author's writing and so much more! The instant, burning hot connection between Lock and Saylor, the elements of danger and surprise, as well as the strong sense of family that permeates all of the books written by LLV. I just can't get enough!

We met both of these characters (briefly!) in their parents books, so I felt like I knew them both already. Saylor grew up with challenges that most of us can't even imagine, but still had a relatively perfect childhood. Amazing parents, and an MC that always had her back, there were very few dark spots in her life. But when she moves away, to start her own path in life, it seems like nothing is going right! Lock grew up with a tight family as well, and one glimpse at Saylor totally knocked his socks off! These two were absolutely made for each other, but crazy things keep getting in their way!

This book is an embodiment of everything that I've enjoyed about this author's writing. I love that we are now getting the stories of the children from the previous books by LLV. I adore the glimpses of the past characters that I've loved so much! I love that each book builds on the relationships and friendships of past books, but each can absolutely stand on its own. Saylor and Lock were so much fun in their story, and I couldn't help but root for them, right from the beginning! (And, just so you know, there are hints of what is coming next, and I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on it!!!)

book review banner

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sinners are Winners.

July 11, 2019 – Shelved