Candy's Reviews > Sixty Acres and a Bride

Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings

Mar 05, 2012

Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings is exactly the type of book my mother would have loved, and I think it was for that reason I picked it up to read. That and the beautiful cover, and I know you are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover! In this case, though, I am glad I did.

I loved the setting of Prairie Lea, Texas for this book. It was a place of love and romance, but also a rough town where people just tried to survive. And like today, many were just after their own agenda. I saw in this book the re-telling of the story of Ruth and Naomi. I laughed at the antics of Rosa, the main character, just trying to fit into a brand new culture after leaving her native Mexico. She was a character I just rooted for and wanted the best for. I love it when an author can make me feel so attached to the characters. She also created a “good” bad guy in Jay Tillerton. Now there is someone you love to hate!

Reading stories set in the old west makes me both wish I could have lived back then, and very glad that I didn’t. Sixty Acres and a Bride comes highly recommended from me, and I look forward to reading more by this author.

This book was provided to me free from the publisher, in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixty Acres and a Bride.

March 5, 2012 – Shelved