Steven's Reviews > Sword and Pen

Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine

bookshelves: netgalley-or-publisher, read-in-2019

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley Publishing for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

I'm so sad that this series is over. What a fun and fantastic world that Rachel Caine has created! She's got a handful of deep characters that I've grown to care for, and now, they'll have to live on through rereads I guess.

Sword and Pen is the final book in the Great Library series, and it goes out with a bang! Character growth, plot twists, major events, Indiana Jones-esque tombs, and evil villains all abound in this one, and the war for the sanctity of the Great Library escalates into an all out war with the dethroned Archivist and the nations that see an opportunity to take control. Embattled on all sides, our crew must fight with everything they have to not only see the Great Library remain to live another day, but for it to be reformed into the shining beacon of hope and knowledge that it once was.

If you haven't read this series, you should definitely pick it up. I highly recommend it. It's fun, exciting, and extremely entertaining. Five stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sword and Pen.

December 11, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
December 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
December 11, 2018 – Shelved as: fantasy (Kindle Edition)
December 11, 2018 – Shelved as: gimme-gimme-need-it... (Kindle Edition)
December 11, 2018 – Shelved as: ya (Kindle Edition)
December 11, 2018 – Shelved as: next-up-in-a-series (Kindle Edition)
July 11, 2019 – Shelved