Kei's Reviews > The Wolf Next Door

The Wolf Next Door by Lydia Dare

it was ok
bookshelves: 英語-english

I've expected from the very beginning to have to treat this book as 'something push through in order to continue reading the rest of the series.'
That would be because, unfortunately, I haven't liked Prisca since book 1.
She is a spoiled brat. There is a difference between having an opinion and believing your opinion to be above everyone else's. She sticks her nose in everyone's business, thinks she has a right to manipulate everyone's lives, and doesn't care to listen to anyone but herself.
The whole situation where she 'loved' him, but chose to believe the worst about him and leave him a note cursing him to hell, when she actually made a promise to elope...doesn't do anything to improve my opinion of her either.
She doesn't listen and think, she stops her foot and screams that everything must be as she wants it.
A very annoying lead female character.
In fact, it's like she was on purpose written in a way to annoy readers to hell.

Then the "love rival"'s behaviour didn't help this book's impression either...
I really don't enjoy reading books where all you want to do is smack a character on the head hard and long enough until you can shake some brains into there.

The only thing I actually really liked about this book is that the characters of the previous books, all family members, were present and active participants of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf Next Door.

July 11, 2019 – Started Reading