Lacer's Reviews > Leviathan Wakes

Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

U 50x66

I like my sci-fi with decent characters, realistic extrapolation and not too heavy on the detail about alien biology, architecture, philosophy, technology etc, obviously I need enough to understand the plot but anymore than that, pages on alien gender pronouns or what they eat, and it looses me. Luckily Leviathan Awakes is just my sort of sci-fi, set 200 years in the future, humanity has survived its current predilection of having right wing nut jobs for leaders and has colonised the solar system. There’s Earth, Mars, various moon colonies and The Belt, a series of colonies in the asteroid belt. Leviathan Awakes follows two characters, Holden, a space captain and Miller, a cop on Ceres, one of the asteroids. Miller is tasked with finding Julie, daughter of a rich Luna family, and Julie is suspected of running off with the OPA, a rebel group based in the belt. Holden and his crew go from one disaster to another, and gets caught up in a war between the planets.

Leviathan Awakes is the first book in the lengthy series that the TV series The Expanse is based on. I had tried The Expanse when it first came out but didn’t get on with it, I find the books much better and I will definitely be reading the next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leviathan Wakes.

July 10, 2019 – Started Reading