Wing Kee's Reviews > マギ 18

マギ 18 by Shinobu Ohtaka

it was ok

This is exactly what I don't like about this series.

World: The art is odd. A battle arc with all these characters and you see how weird the proportions for the humans are, especially Barbados. The wield building is also a mess. Sure we have all the pieces come crashing together but here lies the biggest issue I have with this series, all logic and rules of world building get thrown out the window once the fighting starts. The level of vessels can beat a Magi and other crazy stupid things as long as the story needs it. All the world rules go out the window.

Story: A battle arc which throws all the rules out for the sake of battle and escalating powers and battle and escalating powers, rince and repeat. I don't like the series when it's like this. How did Barbados break the three shields, cause the story needed it so. So how did Alibaba stopped him, cause the story needed it...argh.

Characters: The character are okay. But once all the fighting starts all development and rules go out the window. It contradicts itself constantly. I am so frustrated that I won't even get into it.

Argh.

Onward to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read マギ 18.

July 9, 2019 – Shelved