Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Twice in a Blue Moon

Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, arc, favorite-authors, netgalley, romance

3.5 Fangs

While on vacation in London with her grandmother, eighteen-year-old, Tate Jones falls in love with Sam Brandis. She also learns a few days later what heartbreak really is.

Tate meets Sam and his grandfather, Luther soon after arriving in London. Luther, Sam's grandfather and Tate's grandmother strike a conversation and at the beginning, Tate's grandmother is not very friendly. She's tired and upset that her room doesn't have a view. In a selfless act, the men decide to give their room to the ladies to accommodate them.

During the next two weeks, Tate and Sam will spend most days together (and most nights), learning about each other, their fears, their dreams. Tate confides in Sam, she tells him her deepest secret. When her trust is broken, Tate's life spirals into a nightmare.

Fast forward fourteen years, Tate is now an acclaimed actress who's going on location. Her latest movie will be filmed on a farm. Her father is playing her dad in the movie. Tate feels pressure to be at her best. She doesn't want to let her father down. The last thing on her mind was to come face to face with Sam.

I liked Twice in a Blue Moon. I can see it becoming a movie and having a great ending as the book does. I like both characters, I just didn't love them. I wish the second part of the book had more in-depth interaction between Tate and Sam. It was hard to believe they were still so in love with each other after more than a decade. I needed more dialogue. I also missed having the fun banter I have come to expect from these writers since it's one of the things I adore about their books.

Cliffhanger: No

3.5/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Gallery Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice in a Blue Moon.

July 9, 2019 – Shelved
November 29, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
November 29, 2019 – Shelved as: favorite-authors
November 29, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 29, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Jayme I didn’t buy into this being a “true love” story either! Great review, Sheyla!

Meredith Wonderful review, Sheyla! I felt the same about Tate and Sam's relationship.

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Awesome review, Sheyla! I struggle with this author-duo but I'm glad you love them <3 x

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "I didn’t buy into this being a “true love” story either! Great review, Sheyla!"
Thank you, Jaime. I thought it was seriously lacking in more dialogue between the main characters before professing their love.

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! I felt the same about Tate and Sam's relationship."
Thank you, Meredith. I'm glad that I was not the only one who thought there was something wrong with their relationship as adults.

Sheyla ✎ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Awesome review, Sheyla! I struggle with this author-duo but I'm glad you love them <3 x"
Thank you, Alex. I love a few of their books but this one was not for me.

Holly  B I was hoping for more from this one too! Wonderful review Sheyla!!

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "I was hoping for more from this one too! Wonderful review Sheyla!!"
Thank you, Holly. I know, I was hoping for more too.