Lance Eaton's Reviews > Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World – and Why Things Are Better Than You Think

Factfulness by Hans Rosling

bookshelves: audiobooks, 2019, reviewed-books, teaching-and-learning

Factfulness is a book that reminds me in many ways of the works of Daniel Pink, Steven Pinker, Steven Johnson and Matt Ridley. Like those authors and some of their more popular works, at the core of Rosling's (or the Roslings') message is a focus undermining the simplicity that we humans often seek to instill intentionally or unintentionally as a result of our thinking and the ways we connect facts. Rosling's particular approach is to get people to slow down with the facts that they receive and spend some time poking around at them using a set of questions and reminders that he provides through the book. Part of what I enjoyed about this book is Rosling's dive into specific examples and instances where he, an expert, failed in thinking clearly through his problems and other instances where non-experts were able to stop and make him think about his own blindness and bias. It's probably not the kind of book that will change lives but it should help readers in developing strong analytical skills and make them more able to skeptically engage with information.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Factfulness.

Started Reading