Cathy Brockman's Reviews > The Colors Between Us

The Colors Between Us by Kate  Hawthorne

bookshelves: audio-book, favorite-authors, favorites, m-m, romance, series-i-like, broken-men, may-december

I loved the first book in this series so much I couldn't wait for this one. I actually liked this one even more. Once again we get a unique story but this one deals with a serious social issue...depression and alcoholism. Roland is a painter that feels he lost his inspiration and doesn't realize how good he is e drowns himself in Vodka and his life spirals even more. then he meets Adonis who has issues of his own. Donny is a small man and is always considered a twink when he really likes to top. He meets Adonis and finds out he is a painter and Donny wants to be an artist as well.
I loved the story and was drawn in from the beginning. Kenneth Obi's drunk voice for Roland really hooked me and intrigued me. I could see Roland's personality through his narration.
If you like an age gap, a smaller man topping, stories dealing with depression and finding a new life, and cute kittens you will like this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Colors Between Us.

July 8, 2019 – Started Reading