Dayna's Reviews > When Rivals Fall

When Rivals Fall by J.L. Beck

** spoiler alert ** *spoilers ahead*

Deliciously hot, fast paced, and totally un-put-downable! It also has your heart sinking at times. It pulled me in so much that I didn’t even want to put this book down to go to the loo! This was my first bully romance/reverse harem book that I’ve read and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I wasn’t sure what to think at first (someone falling for someone who’s bullying them? Whaaa?) but now I’m a total convert to the genre. I can see how Harlow was drawn to the 3 Bishop brothers - charming, hot, caring despite their hard exterior - but I’d also get so pissed off at how they’d treat her so horribly. It’s like the brothers were conflicted by their feelings for being attracted to Harlow so would bully her plus they knew they shouldn’t as their families were rivals! And what’s with Shelby?? I’d been sus about her from the beginning but even more sus about Caroline and wondering if they’re both informants for Harlow’s parents. I would love to hear more about the history of the rivalry between the Bishops and the Lockwoods. The ending ends on a cliffy which was a bit of a shocker. I’m really hoping for a happy ending in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Rivals Fall.

July 9, 2019 – Started Reading