Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Emma's Rodeo Cowboy

Emma's Rodeo Cowboy by Shirley Penick

bookshelves: arcs, cowboy

Book six in the Burlap and Barbed Wire series is finally here! I feel like I've been waiting for this book specifically. I truly enjoyed all the prior books in the series but from the moment I met Emma, and the constant mentions of Zach, I knew there was a good story there. Well, this book was worth the wait. I absolutely adored both Emma and Zach. Especially Zach. While he is a sexy rodeo cowboy, he is also a gentleman. Zach was kind, sweet, loyal and loving. Without going into too many details, I'll say I was sad for all he missed. You know, those awful misunderstandings and assumptions we love to hate in our romances? Well this book has that. I'm just so happy everything worked out.

Ok, I will also say that while their circumstances were nothing I've ever read before, I thought it to be a bit unbelievable when first mentioned. But as the book goes on, the author does a good job of helping me to believe something so unbelievable could truly happen. And that is all I will say about that, lol.

Emma and Zach are reunited after six years. As you know from the blurb, there is also a little person in the scenario now. I enjoyed the whole dynamic of Zach, Emma and Tony learning how to be a family, how they could make it work. There are a few obstacles in their road to Happily-ever-after. But their love is strong. It always was and that was all they needed. This book is low angst and enjoyable to read. I'm very happy I got to read this series. I definitely recommend the Burlap and Barbed Wire series from Shirley Penick.

This is my honest on unbiased opinion. Thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emma's Rodeo Cowboy.

July 8, 2019 – Started Reading
July 8, 2019 – Shelved
July 8, 2019 – Shelved as: cowboy
July 8, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs
July 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)