Bev 's Reviews > Corrado

Corrado by Bethany-Kris

I'm so mad at what I've just read I'm struggling to gather my thoughts together to write a review that will kind of make sense. My brain and heart is hurting right now.

I've ALWAYS said that this author's heroes love like no other ...... till now. Corrado is the exception and I'm sad to say I've found a BK hero that I absolutely despise. He's selfish and cruel, OMG so very cruel. My heart hurts for Alessio.

"Alessio had a bad habit of letting Corrado have what he wanted. Even if it hurt him"

This book also hit another first for me. I've no problem reading about cheating ... till now. I actually struggled to read the pain this caused Alessio, and yes, it was cheating in my view.

"At the end of the day, I'll always be the second choice. To everything else, I come second, and you just made sure to really let me know here"

"It wasn't about Ginevra, really. It wasn't that Corrado found a woman he was attracted to, or felt something for. It was the betrayal in it - the trust Alessio never gave to anyone, but that he willingly handed to Corrado."

"I'm so glad you found something in someone else," Alessio murmured, that betrayal coating every word and each breath he took, "because God fucking knows you never found what you wanted in me".

So I ask ... HOW is that not cheating??

The writing is, as always, outstanding. Bethany Kris is a genius author and story teller no doubt about that, so 5+ stars for the writing and 5+ stars for my broken boy Alessio because man, such pain. But I'm afraid Corrado and his bland and lacklustre love interest Ginny took away from my love for this book. I can't say I hated the book, but I definitely didn't love it. It challenged me and pushed me way past my limits, that's for sure.

I may come back and totally change this review once I've read the conclusion, though I'm not sure I can stomach much more of Corrado's BS and I really don't see how he's going to be redeemed. The grovel best be beyond epic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Corrado.

July 8, 2019 – Shelved
July 30, 2019 – Started Reading
July 30, 2019 –
41.0% "Corrado is making me twitchy 😒"
July 31, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar I’m doing a binge read on her Filthy Marcellos Series at the moment, so i’m a long way off reading this book....but i’ve just marked him as a contender for my Assholian List...just awaiting confirmation from you 😉

message 2: by Snjez (new)

Snjez Oh no. I know you love this author! Sorry you didn't enjoy this one 🙁.

Bev Lorraine wrote: "I’m doing a binge read on her Filthy Marcellos Series at the moment, so i’m a long way off reading this book....but i’ve just marked him as a contender for my Assholian List...just awaiting confirm..."

He OWNS the bloody list. I never slept last night I was in such a rage over this arsehole. 😳

Bev Snjez wrote: "Oh no. I know you love this author! Sorry you didn't enjoy this one 🙁."

That's the thing, I can't say I didn't enjoy it but I definitely didn't love it. This book challenged me in ways I can't even explain, it definitely pushed me past my limits at times.

message 6: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar Bev wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "I’m doing a binge read on her Filthy Marcellos Series at the moment, so i’m a long way off reading this book....but i’ve just marked him as a contender for my Assholian List...just..."

This arsehole just got to no. 1 spot on my list. Knowing that, hopefully you will now get some sleep 😂

message 7: by Lorraine (new)

I hope you're enjoying them, I just recently did a reread and loved them just as much the second time round."

Bev Lorraine wrote: " Ohhhh I am Bev! It’s not often a m/f Series captures my interest like this one ❤️ "

She really is a genius at her craft. For me, the way she writes her heroes is just sublime 💖💖

message 9: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Lesar I’m beginning to see her genius 😁

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review hon, sorry it didnt blow you away ;) xoxo

Bev Wendy wrote: "Great review hon, sorry it didnt blow you away ;) xoxo"

Thanks, sweets xo

message 12: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Wonderful review, babe! Sorry it wasn't better for you, though! And still your review intrigued me! I should check it out! Haha! ❤

message 13: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Bev!😉💋👍💗💖

Bev Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, babe! Sorry it wasn't better for you, though! And still your review intrigued me! I should check it out! Haha! ❤"

Thanks sweets. Her writing is fabulous, you should give her a try ... start with the Marcello family ❤️️

Bev Kat wrote: "Excellent review Bev!😉💋👍💗💖"

Thanks, lovely 💖

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Lovely review, Bev! Hope your next read is better x

Bev Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Lovely review, Bev! Hope your next read is better x"

Thanks, lovely xo

message 18: by SebasM (new) - added it

SebasM I'm into MMF stories but I really don't like it when two parts of the 3 already had like some kind of relationship (like Corrado and Allessio) and then the 3rd has a thing just with one. So after reading your review, I'm sure I won't like it either but I will wait for you to read the 2nd book and tell us if it gets better bc I really wanna read this author, almost 99% of the reviews talk about how good she is.
ps: sorry for my English, not my first language

Bev SebasM wrote: "I'm into MMF stories but I really don't like it when two parts of the 3 already had like some kind of relationship (like Corrado and Allessio) and then the 3rd has a thing just with one. So after r..."

One of my problems with this book is that the MM relationship wasn't in a good place, they both had huge issues that they had ignored for 5 years so not only did I struggle with that but the way Corrado behaved took me over my cheating limit. Unfortunately I couldn't even finish the next book.

I'm not a menage fan at all, but will read the odd one from a trusted author but in this case it didn't work.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Terrific review, L💕veツ,