N.M. Martinez's Reviews > Spectacle

Spectacle by Angie McCullagh

Mar 04, 2012

bookshelves: indies

Okay, so I just finished reading this book, and my first thought is, "Ahhh." I found it a refreshing and realistic story about high school and being a teenaged girl. It revolves around two girls who are friends and it deals with their lives and their insecurities. Both of the characters are interesting and realistic.

Being a teen has to be the most frustrating stage of life. You're old enough to deal with adult problems, but most people don't treat you as an adult. This novel captures that experience really well. It honestly made me remember what it was like (I was so an Emily).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spectacle.

March 4, 2012 – Started Reading
March 4, 2012 – Shelved
March 4, 2012 –
25.0% "I don't get why this has a low rating here on GR. So far it's been very good literary fiction. I'm drawn in my the characters and curious about their lives."
March 7, 2012 –
March 9, 2012 –
March 9, 2012 – Shelved as: indies
March 9, 2012 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura It's got excellent ratings on Amazon - strange. It looks good!

N.M. Martinez Well that at least is good to hear! I'm not far, so maybe it's due to some part I haven't reached. So far though it's been enjoyable and realistic.

message 3: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie McCullagh Thank you for reading Spectacle! I'd love to know what you think, whether the feedback is good or not. :0)

N.M. Martinez Well, I'm loving it so far! Beautiful writing. Trixie is breaking my heart.

message 5: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie McCullagh Thank you so much for saying so! I'm sad about the G.R. ratings so far. I'm always trying to improve my writing, so would love any feedback you have for me!