hayden's Reviews > Gameboard of the Gods

Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead

bookshelves: 2013-favorites

Wow. I love me some Richelle Mead.

The fact that her name is on the cover let me know I was going to like this no matter what. I'm sorry to see so many one-star reviews on here, but I can clearly see why there are. Gameboard of the Gods is one of those books that you have to stick around for. If you like all your answers in front of your face when things are introduced, this won't be your book. Mead commonly brought things in without solid explanations (Justin's ravens, RUNA, etc.) and waited until it fit to explain them. This wasn't a problem for me, but I have lots of patience with Mead.
I loved the world-building here -- Mead thinks of everything when she invents a world, and it completely shows here. If you're done with shoddily-constructed worlds, this is the book for you; it's got a bit of a more relaxed pace than Mead's other adult books, but it's not a huge problem.

Original Pre-Review

Published by Dutton.
Does that mean it'll come out in hardcover?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HARDCOVER ADULT PRICES ARE OUTLANDISH AND PREPOSTEROUS!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gameboard of the Gods.

March 4, 2012 – Shelved
July 12, 2013 – Shelved as: own-it-to-read
July 16, 2013 – Started Reading
page 1
0.22% "I have been waiting for this to release for so long! Please don't disappoint."
page 6
1.34% "This is bringing back VA in the best of ways."
page 12
2.68% "I love how there are chapter titles."
page 13
2.9% "Richelle Mead needs to write more adult books and stop with that Bloodlines crap."
July 17, 2013 –
page 96
July 17, 2013 –
page 176
July 18, 2013 –
page 224
July 19, 2013 –
page 283
63.17% "Wow. This is a damn long book!"
July 19, 2013 – Finished Reading
July 22, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-favorites

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

hayden Christina wrote: "That second gif is terrifying and wonderful. :D

How much are their hardcovers? Curious."

This one will be $26.95. :(

message 2: by Jamie (new) - added it

Jamie You might opt for ebooks, they're bound to be a little cheaper. :)

hayden Jamie wrote: "You might opt for ebooks, they're bound to be a little cheaper. :)"

I care far too much about this book and about Richelle Mead to buy an e-book. :)

message 5: by Sierra (new) - added it

Sierra it's only $14.64 on amazon. Hardbacks are almost always a cheaper online.

Jasmine (Spanish Rose) But i will still get it her books are worth it!

Leslie Barnes and noble hardcovers are like 10-15$ online. Also you can sign up for coupons and you can get an additional 15-20% off. I haven't paid more than 14$ on a hardcover in a long time.

Sandra I paid 27 euro's for it and it is by far the most expensive book I own right now.

Jada Andersen Haha agreed! Do they really expect us to pay ten times more for a book just so the front cover isn't a little tattered?! Ridiculous.

Jennifer Easterly Love RM and this book so far. For those that don't like the stlye of spinning a tale then grow up!

Nirvana this book is great.... i cant believe all the low stars it got. maybe all that dead pan humour and mystery escaped some readers.

Sandra Nirvana wrote: "this book is great.... i cant believe all the low stars it got. maybe all that dead pan humour and mystery escaped some readers."

Think it is because of the fast paced novels she write. This has a lower setup, but it's all about world building and setting up characters. I'm sure it will in time be as epic as all her other series. And true fans will stay true and do not turn in to hating nobodies ;) We all know how she writes!

Amanda The low stars are probably because the mystery was pathetic and the male lead was a misogynist.

message 14: by Court (new)

Court Your review is nicely worded and due to this I will give this book a shot. I love me abit of Richelle Mead, very talented and creative.

message 15: by Court (new)

Pooja I enjoyed reading this book and also read the next in the series and boy did she leave us with a cliffhanger! I enjoy her books because she at least has a plot and she takes her time with it unlike other writers that just do a slap dash job of it. Waiting for the next installment.