Bryan Sanchez 's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

5 Predictions:

1) Tack is possibly Julians brother. Julian stated that everyone was afraid of his brother and same thing with Tack. Julians brothers favorite book was Great Expectations and so is Tacks.

2) Alex was cured

3) Julian dies

4) Raven or Lena's mother dies

5) Lena goes back to Portland

After reading it.

I missed the romance and passion. It lacked feelings besides for conversations between Lena and her mother. The first two are by far on another level compared to this book, at least emotionally. I liked the book but what made me disappointed was all the loose ends at the end of the trilogy, what happens to Hana? Where's Jenny Rachel and her Aunt? Did Fred die? Alex or Julian? Coral or Lena? What's gonna happen when those tanks come ? The ending felt like Lauren Oliver was talking to us about our lives and it wasn't Lena at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

March 4, 2012 – Shelved
Started Reading
March 10, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)

message 1: by Loik (new)

Loik Kessler yea i could see that happening. :/

message 2: by Day (new)

Day Tack being Julian's brother. AGREED!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I never thought about that first one but it could happen but julian dying? please i hope not!!! alex cured? it would solve the love triangle too easyly

message 4: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyson I love the idea of tack being Julian's brother... wouldn't they have recognised each other already though, or could that be a deliberate downplay? I'd like something interesting to happen in the love triangle, every dystopian series has a love triangle and they are becoming a bit passe. it will be torture waiting almost a year to find out!!

message 5: by Loik (new)

Loik Kessler ^^^ damn right it'll be torture!

Bryan Sanchez i hurt everyday that the book doesn't come out

message 7: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily I didn't even think about Tack being his brother..... Good prediction!
My first thought at the end was that Alex was cured or his memories were tampered with....I sure pray to god not.

Kimberly omg all of that is so reasonable..

message 9: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Kind of hilarious. But yes, could easily believe all of them.

message 10: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha The ending of Pandemonium killed me! I have no clue what to expect. Alex seems so cold at the end, but then again, he just saw the girl he love(d?) making out with some random guy.

message 11: by Loik (new)

Loik Kessler ^ Same, but I honestly think (hope) that Lena & Alex will end up together.

message 12: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Same. I liked Julian, but let's not kid ourselves; Alex is 123456478764534232x better :)

Abigail If Alex is cured, I'll kill myself, die, come back, and starrepeating that sequence all over again. If Alex is cured, I will be in grief for probably the rest of my life. so sad...I feel horrible just thinking about it.

message 14: by Loik (new)

Loik Kessler He's for sure cured. I mean he was so cold towards Lena at the end of pandemonium but I guess that could be due to the fact that she was making out with some other guy.. ahhhh so confusing!

Abigail I'm gonna die....Someone kill me (but not now, I still have to read the book- it's just too good. I can't wait for 2013!!!)

message 16: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha He could be cured, but I think even a normal person would be pissed if their girlfriend made out with some other guy in front of him.

Abigail true. I hope he gets magically gets over the cure, and turns out fine, so then Julian can kill himself in despair for all that I care.

message 18: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Haha, that's kind of harsh. I'm hoping that Julian just... disappears. Or goes gay for Hunter. Either works :D

Abigail i know... but Julian is standing in the way of Alex and Lena's future!!!! so he must be gone!

message 20: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Agreed. It should just happen in a completely non-violent way *coughs in Abigail's direction*

Abigail sorry *bows head in shame*...
sometimes, my emotions take over, and I get all violent with fictitious characters. whoops.

Helen I don't think Alex was cured because if he was he wouldn't come back to the Wilds. Lena couldn't go back to Portland because she ran away, and everyone knows that. Julian dying could be a possibility but i don't think that would happen. Tack and Julian being brothers could definitely work out though! And i'm not too sure about the death of the mother.

message 23: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha I liked the idea of Tack and Julian being related... but wouldn't they have recognized each other? And Tack could have mentioned something like "btw, Lena, you're going to be stuck undergroud with my lil' bro for a bit. Is that cool with you?". There should have been some recognition between them.

Abigail That's true, if Alex was cured, he would be living a 'normal' life..not one where he runs away from prison.

And Tack + Julian = bros? Genius.

message 25: by Kaitlyn (new) - added it

Kaitlyn I agree with everything but the going back to portland.. Why?

Hannah I love that Whole Tack and Julian Brother thing that is really cool,but if Alex is changed I will DIE!!! I LOVE YOU ALEX!!!

Abigail Hannah wrote: "I love that Whole Tack and Julian Brother thing that is really cool,but if Alex is changed I will DIE!!! I LOVE YOU ALEX!!!"

SAME HERE!!!!

Sarah Simone love them, the brother idea - totally true.

Hannah I wish Hana found someway 2 run away and not get cured.

Helen I agree with Hannah, i really wish she didn't have to be cured :( she was so cool!

Abigail Feel so sad for Hana...

message 32: by Manu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Manu Ok.. So julian and alex are two different persons? I thought julian for this time was alex an lena realized it at the end please someone explain please

Helen Ok Manubedo. So, when Lena and Alex escaped, Alex tricked Lena into leaving him behind so she could be free to live in the Wilds. Lena met Julian, and allowed herself to like him, because she thought Alex was dead. At the end of the book, Lena and Julian are hugging or kissing or something and Alex comes in and sees them. Lena gets all scared and confused because here is Alex, who she thought was dead. So, Julian and Lena like each other, but then Alex comes back and Lena doesn't know what to do. Any questions?

Abigail Helen wrote: "Ok Manubedo. So, when Lena and Alex escaped, Alex tricked Lena into leaving him behind so she could be free to live in the Wilds. Lena met Julian, and allowed herself to like him, because she thoug..."

OH MY GOSH,I CRIED SO BADLY WHEN I READ THE END OF PANDEMONIUM.... i was like, "ALEX!!! YES, YOU'RE ALIVE!" now go throw julian into a pit, and let Alex save the day!!!
I <3 Alex!

Hannah OMIGOSH same here Abigail, I was like forget Julian,
Alex is back lol

Helen Abigail wrote: "Helen wrote: "Ok Manubedo. So, when Lena and Alex escaped, Alex tricked Lena into leaving him behind so she could be free to live in the Wilds. Lena met Julian, and allowed herself to like him, bec..." I know!!! I just wanted Lena to be like "Oh ok, hey Alex! I love you so much! Bye Julian! sorry, but you were just temporary until i got over Alex. Thanks for your help! Bye!!" LOL:)

Hannah Helen wrote: "Abigail wrote: "Helen wrote: "Ok Manubedo. So, when Lena and Alex escaped, Alex tricked Lena into leaving him behind so she could be free to live in the Wilds. Lena met Julian, and allowed herself ..."
Oh man I felt the same way lol :)

message 38: by Abigail (last edited May 07, 2012 07:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abigail Yay! so many people love alex!!! so, I was reading pandemonium, and I was going like, "Oh my gosh??? Julian... HOW CAN LENA LIKE HIM??? I HATE HIM!!!"

Hannah Abigail wrote: "Yay! so many people love alex!!! so, I was reading pandemonium, and I was going like, "Oh my gosh??? Julian... HOW CAN LENA LIKE HIM??? I HATE HIM!!!"" lol me too!!!
I LOVE YOU ALEX LOVERS!!!

Abigail Hannah wrote: "Abigail wrote: "Yay! so many people love alex!!! so, I was reading pandemonium, and I was going like, "Oh my gosh??? Julian... HOW CAN LENA LIKE HIM??? I HATE HIM!!!"" lol me too!!!
I LOVE YOU ALE..."

TOTALLY AGREE!!! WE ARE ALL FAMILY!!! (with alex too, of course)

Helen Abigail wrote: "Yay! so many people love alex!!! so, I was reading pandemonium, and I was going like, "Oh my gosh??? Julian... HOW CAN LENA LIKE HIM??? I HATE HIM!!!""

I'm not a big fan of him either, and I especially hated him when Lena told him she was from the Wilds and he got all quiet and didn't talk to her, but when you think about it he is kinda cute and nice. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Alix, but Julian is okay
also..

Abigail It's just that Alex has brainwashed me into loving him. forever.

Hannah Abigail wrote: "It's just that Alex has brainwashed me into loving him. forever."

ME TOO!!!! <33333333
I LOVE HIM!

Brittnay Haha Im just joining this conversation, but i wholeheartedly agree! Alex ALL the way!!!!!!!! Julian served his purpose in being Lena's rebound, but now that Alex is back he can go!!

Heather Fox I never thought of Tack being Juilian's brother- very good thought. Wish SOME of these questions would have been answered. I completely agree with your review. What a bummer.

Janise Ginel Also Tack is 24, in Pandemonium Julian says that his brother was 6 years older than him. Julian is about 18 years old so thats also another thing that can possibly make Tack his brother.

Janise Ginel Julian is 19 ( math correction )

Alexandra If Alex had been cured he wouldn say lena that he loved her ;)

Ambra When I was reading the ending I could see Lena and Alex together then with Julian I saw him with coral BUT NOOOO we dont get to find out anything!!!

Starfire Hey 2 of ur predictions were right!
It would have been so cool if tack and Julian really did turn out to be brothers.. :(