Amy Weichseldorfer's Reviews > Island Side

Island Side by Michelle Mankin

bookshelves: age-difference, arc, musician, released-in-2019, hollywood

ARC gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is book two of a duet and book one, High Tide, should be read before this.

The conclusion of Hollie's story was a little bittersweet. The story itself was great, but it also marks the end of the Rock Stars, Surf, and Second Chances series. I have enjoyed every book in this series, and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

This book takes place right after the events of High Tide and continues Hollie's story. After the emotional cliffhanger in book one, Hollie needs to get away and decompress. She heads to Hawaii at Diesel's invitation where she faces new dilemmas, meets new people, and begins to heal. She finally sees a resolution to the situation with her stepfather. (I was a tiny bit disappointed with how that ended but I guess that's life, and it does show how much Hollie grows as a person.)

Overall I was happy with this duet, I thought it fit nicely into the series. I really enjoyed seeing the characters from the other books. I've already reread Outside and Oceanside, and I can see myself rereading this duet as well. I definitely recommend this series, starting with book one, Outside.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Island Side.

Started Reading