Kristen Burns's Reviews > Blood: The Third Course

Blood by Chele Cooke

3.5 Stars

Review:
This series, especially this last book, had complex characters that changed and grew, interesting relationships that also changed and grew, and a lot of emotional situations. And yet, I didn't quite feel all the emotion. I think the story was just a little too big and spread out over too many POVs without enough pages to delve deep enough into any of them for my taste. It wasn't bad, and it wasn't all telling or anything, but I still wanted more from it. It's both a good and a bad thing---I wanted more depth because I was into these characters and their relationships and situations; I just think the series could've benefited from being longer or having fewer POVs. This has been a hard series for me to review because it seems like something I should've loved, and though I did enjoy it, I was left feeling a bit let down with each book.

The series also had an interesting plot with a lot of interconnected parts and characters, good guys and bad guys, vampires and werewolves and witches. I actually think this series would make a great show, if any TV producers want to get on that.

Even though this didn't quite have the depth I wanted, I still enjoyed it and would say go ahead and try it if you're interested. If you're just trying to decide whether to read this book after the previous two, I can tell you it was worth it to me to see how everything wrapped up since I did feel some investment in these characters. It was a good conclusion that tied up all the loose ends well.

Recommended For:
Fans of Books 1 and 2 in Chele Cooke's Teeth series. Anyone who likes vampires who break tropes, werewolves with a very predatory side, complex characters and relationships, and many POV characters.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood.

July 5, 2019 – Started Reading