Lindsay Heller's Reviews > Forget About It

Forget About It by Caprice Crane

Mar 04, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, chick-lit

I was drawn to this book by some sort of inexplicable force. I read chick lit from time to time. It tends to come in waves; sometimes I love them and sometimes I hate them. I'd never read anything by Caprice Crane before and about one sixth of the way into this one I promptly scurried over to Paper Back Swap and ordered 'Stupid and Contagious'. Basically, her voice is really enchanting. It's the perfect blend of pop culture and enough traditionalism to keep it from sounding too dated too soon. She's just really funny.

The basic plot is this; Jordan Landau is having a bad life. She feels like an outsider in her family, her co-workers use her as a doormat, and her boyfriend's a narcissistic cheater. So when she gets a bump on the head during a bike accident she decides to fake amnesia. Yes, that's right, she fakes amnesia. "Forgetting" everything gives her the confidence she needs to change her life for the better.

Honestly, I would have preferred it if the synopsis ended there. The fake amnesia was interesting to me because I've read amnesia chick lit books before. Notably Sophie Kinsella's 'Remember Me?' which was probably her best effort to date. But there's more to the plot of 'Forget About It'. Just when Jordan thinks it may be about time to "get her memory back" she gets in yet another accident and gets amnesia for real. Yes, that's right, she gets it for real. Luckily the characters were still enchanting enough to sustain the impossibility of that little nugget.

I had a really good time reading this book, which is pretty much the only thing you can ask for when it comes to chick lit. And this is pure 100% chick lit fluff. I'll say, I enjoyed the first half of this book much more than the second and the ultimate romance was relatively tepid, in my opinion, but mostly because I preferred another option for her. But the voice and characters were enough to sustain this book in general.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget About It.

message 1: by Nix (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nix I love your review! I feel the same way with "I preferred another option for her.."!! :D