Bex (Beckie Bookworm)'s Reviews > King of None

King of None by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

46651781._SY475_-1.jpg

After how we left the previous book, I was more than ready to jump back into all that is Under.
Here Aon is a very different version of the Warlock Lydia originally fell for and Lydia had now metamorphed into what she always was meant to the mother of monsters.
In a bizarre turnabout of events, Edu is now one of Lydia's most staunchest allies and Aon seems to be a power-hungry despot with a god complex.
Aon's most earnest wish along with the ancients is that Lydia takes her place at his side as his Queen.
All he remembers from his five thousand years as the mad warlock is his connection to Lydia and how much he still adores her.
I raced through this and there were times I just felt so sorry for Aon.
His actions were despicable and those of a tyrant but he really just lacked the ability to connect to others in this instalment he was a much more ancient and colder version of himself.
I also found that the heat factor was cranked up slightly here and I for one really appreciated that.
The King of None is very much a battle of wills between Lydia and Aon and they went head to head often throughout this.
I am looking forward to finally reaching their end game in the final volume to come.
This was so well written and engaging as expected.
I am very much ready now for them to arrive at there final destination.
I voluntary reviewed a copy of King of None (The Masks of Under #5).

46651781._SY475_-2.jpg

Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm
www.beckiebookworm.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King of None.

July 4, 2019 – Shelved
July 5, 2019 – Shelved as: royalty
July 5, 2019 – Shelved as: shapeshifters
July 5, 2019 – Shelved as: vampires
July 5, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ I'm sure you're review is fabulous, but I'm going to hold off on reading it. If I'm lucky I'll get my copy in a few hours. I'm so excited for this one!

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Aw thanks and enjoy babe 😉