Leanne Crabtree's Reviews > Playing for Keeps

Playing for Keeps by Jill Shalvis

bookshelves: paperback, romance, contemporary, read-2019, 4-star

This review and more can be found at my blog A Romance Reader's Reviews

This is my first book by the author and I can't help wondering why that is because this is a perfect mix of romance, humour and awww moments, especially with Lollipop--the three legged dog they rescue and joint adopt at the beginning of the book.

And Lollipop is what brings our two characters together. They may have already known each other but their love for the cute dog made them finally connect. The broke sarcastic girl and the rich suit wearing do-gooder.

I actually liked both Sadie and Caleb. To see the two relationship wary people slowly open up and let themselves feel something. To be themselves around each other instead of the person they feel they need to be. The eventual teasing as they begin to fall. It was super cute. Add in the dog and I was hooked.

I would love to read more of this series in the future whether it be previous books or Ivy's story which is next up, as they all seem like a great group of friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing for Keeps.

July 4, 2019 – Shelved
July 16, 2019 –
page 40
July 21, 2019 –
page 74
19.27% "I love Lollipop. She reminds me a bit of my dog in that she gets whatever she wants cos she's so cute"
July 22, 2019 –