Julie (Jewlsbookblog)'s Reviews > Christmas Angels

Christmas Angels by Nancy Naigle

17692043

bookshelves: 2019, arc, christmas-romance, netgalley
Read 2 times. Last read July 7, 2019 to July 9, 2019.

Liz purchased her grandparents old lodge, sight unseen, and wasn’t fully prepared for the state of disrepair it was in. With the help of locals and Matt, an architect and local favorite who’s harboring a childhood crush on Liz herself, Liz starts working on restoring the lodge to its former glory. Seeking reassurance that she’s on the right track, Liz is constantly looking for signs to back up her hasty purchase. All is going well until an injury sidelines her and then she’s got plenty of time to sit, stew, and question if she’s bitten off more then she can chew.

I thought this was a really sweet, yet very slow read. I loved the locals, Maizey, Flossie, and Matt’s workers were a riot! Enter good gossip to the mix and I found myself laughing at the information highway! I also liked the concept of restoring the lodge and uplifting not just Liz, but the town itself too. However, I didn’t care for the romantic aspect. Matt’s interest in Liz was cute and in his defense, he worked hard to get her to notice him romantically, and I truly believe he had feelings for her. But Liz was a hard sell. She was wasn’t just wrapped up in the lodge. She lived and breathed it to the umpteenth degree. And she was completely oblivious to Matt. Even when the entire town clued her in, she still doubted his feelings. So when her about-face happened, it was hard pill for me to swallow. What kind of guy gives cheap labor, cooks great meals, checks on you in a snow storm, is available to you at all hours of the day and lets you keep his number on speed dial, and drags the whole town into a huge plan to cheer you up if he isn’t interested in dating? There’s being neighborly...and then there’s being neighborly!

I do have to mention Elvis, Matt’s dog, because he was my favorite character. I thought he had some of the cutest moments! This adorably, lazy puppy had a knack for presenting himself at just the right time and was appropriately named with his smirky smile and hip wiggling!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Angels.

Finished Reading
July 3, 2019 – Shelved as: christmas-romance
July 3, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
July 7, 2019 – Started Reading
July 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Jewls!😉💖💋👍

Julie (Jewlsbookblog) Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Jewls!😉💖💋👍"

Thanks, Kat!