Bex (Beckie Bookworm)'s Reviews > Tamed by the Troll

Tamed by the Troll by Tracy Lauren

bookshelves: fantasy, book-reviews, erotic, fairy-tale, romance

45447822._SY475_-1.jpg

I really enjoyed this story the fantasy vibe here really caught my attention and I am a sucker for anything non-human so this was a sure winner for me.
Here we have Adelaide pursued through the Perished Woods, a cursed magical place she has been warned upon entering by her deceased parents.
So after her village is attacked by Orcs her only path forward is through these woods and across a bridge belonging to a Troll and we all know the fairy-Tale about crossing a Trolls bridge without paying a Toll.
According to ancient laws Brom, The troll guarding the bridge now owns this non-paying human on top of that as he has also saved her from the Orcs themselves it further compounds her debt to him.
This one was very much a battle of wills as both Adelaide and Brom go head to head both as stubborn as the other.
So here lies my one main bug-bear with this I originally couldn't stand Adelaide at all,
I got why she was at war with the world but I thought her treatment of Brom who was somewhat of a reasonable Troll (he did keep telling us this) totally abhorrent.
Her Bias and blinkered behaviour bordered on cruel and most certainly ungrateful especially as he had saved her from an awful fate.
I know she was peeved about being a slave but I just felt her attitude went beyond what was right and was just downright nasty at times.
Brom, I adored from the beginning he was a very reasonable Troll by his own admission and even when he was punishing Adelaide I couldn't help but warm to him completely.
At heart, he was just a big softie with a heart of gold and a protective streak a mile wide.
Adored the huge grouchy lummox almost instantly.
Thankfully despite my initial dislike of Adelaide, when she did wake up and smell the coffee she was so much easier on the pallete.
Told in dual POV which I do prefer this was just so imaginative and unique and I really did have a fab time indulging myself.
Filled with such fascinating characters and also super hot and sexy this was a definite hit for me.
Might need to go check me out some bridges to find me a Troll.
I look forward to the continuation of this very unique fantasy series.

45447822._SY475_-2.jpg

Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm
www.beckiebookworm.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tamed by the Troll.

July 3, 2019 – Shelved
July 4, 2019 – Started Reading
July 4, 2019 – Finished Reading
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: book-reviews
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: erotic
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: fairy-tale
July 10, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Bex! :)

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Thanks Zena 🥰