Felicia's Reviews > Pity the Billionaire: The Hard-Times Swindle and the Unlikely Comeback of the Right

Pity the Billionaire by Thomas Frank

Mar 03, 2012

bookshelves: politics
Read from March 12 to 16, 2012

03/14/12 Having never read a political book, I chose to listen to this book. I'm trying to understand the Right, the Left, capitalism, tea parties, Beck, Palin, bailouts, TARP, healthcare, and the collapse of the economy. The author is connecting the dots and he is making a comprehendible explanation for all of this chaos. With less than two hours left to listen, I'm confident I will have a much better understanding of the origin of some of my friends views.

03/16/12 I get it! I get it as much as one can in these times of chaos. The switch-a-roos are complicated, but make sense once they are recognized. It is hard to find a resource that presents an overview analysis, that is not definitively party agenda driven, of our current political culture, but Thomas Frank has provided a witty and scathing analysis.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pity the Billionaire.

03/12/2012 "Having never read about politics, I chose to listen. I'm trying to understand the Right, the Left, capitalism, tea parties, Beck, Pailin, bailouts, TARP, and the collapse of the economy. The author is connecting the dots and he is making sense of this chaos. With three hours left to go, I'm confident I will have a much better understanding of the views of friends that I do not currently comprehend."
12/13/2016 marked as: read