Meg Fee's Reviews > Who Do, Voodoo?

Who Do, Voodoo? by Rochelle Staab

F 50x66
Mar 03, 2012

liked it
Read in March, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Overall I liked the book and I'll read book two whenever it comes out, but several things bothered me in the story. Most notably, not even half way through the book I thought, "I think so-and-so is the killer." I never deviated from it, yet the main character never suspected so-and-so. In fact, when it reached the point where anyone who didn't suspect so-and-so knew that it almost had to be so-and-so the main character, Liz, still didn't suspect so-and-so. Even if you can forgive Liz for just not making the connection, the love interest, Nick, who was there also didn't make the connection. Seriously, neither of them? This was the point in the book where I'm mentally screaming at the characters, "It's freakin' so-and-so." When Liz is talking to so-and-so near the end she even thinks something along the lines of, 'That's odd, so-and-so was there?' and STILL didn't suspect so-and-so. Although at that point Liz is told something that made me not understand why the police never suspected so-and-so because so-and-so actually told the cops (s)he was there. Why were they so focused on Liz's best friend, Robin, when someone placed themselves at the scene (to implicate Robin)? I will say though that I never actually suspected the motive. I was certain it was so-and-so, but I had no real idea why so-and-so killed Sophie.

One other thing that bothered me was that it seemed like at the end of one chapter Liz was certain the supernatural wasn't real and at the start of the next she was all paranoid because she was starting to think it might be, without anything new happening. There are also a couple of points with the supernatural aspects that didn't make sense to me, which I won't get into.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Do, Voodoo?.