Literary Soirée's Reviews > Brave New Medicine: A Doctor's Unconventional Path to Healing Her Autoimmune Illness

Brave New Medicine by Cynthia Li

I was so moved by the long journey to wholeness of the author, an internal medicine physician whose Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and chronic fatigue took her from a thriving medical practice to housebound with two young children.

HEROINE’S EPIC
Her courageous and unconventional trek to healing is a heroine’s epic that inspires and calls into question the efficacy of conventional medicine alone.

RECOVERY
Her answers illuminate all manner of recovery: looking at root causes, using the body and spirit’s innate wisdom and intuition, turning to ancient healing practices combined with cutting edge science and research.

WHOLE PERSON
Brave New World is both a beautifully written memoir and a prescription for whole person living. Highly recommended!

Pub Date 01 Sep 2019.

Thanks to Cynthia Li, MD, New Harbinger Publications, Inc., and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

#BraveNewMedicine #NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brave New Medicine.

July 3, 2019 – Started Reading
July 3, 2019 – Shelved as: health-medical
July 3, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewed
July 3, 2019 – Shelved as: self-help
July 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by C. (new)

C. This sounds important and good. Thank you, I am glad I saw it. When my Mom is well enough again, she will read this with eagerness and optimism. She is overcoming plain but dangerous pneumonia rather than this authoress's disease. However, we believe in a spiritual resource for everything and she would feel renewed to learn about it.

message 2: by Cynthia (new) - added it