3queensread's Reviews > Little Lunch: Triple Treats

Little Lunch by Danny Katz

Hey, Whatcha doing'? Everybody's movin'. It's time for Little Lunch. Sorry. I couldn't help myself but to sing the Little Lunch theme song as soon as I saw the covers to this book.

Little Lunch: Triple Threat is the first book in a series based on the Australian show of the same name. Little Lunch is what we in the States would call recess but with a morning snack. The book contains 3 short stories which are based on the episodes in the show. The book starts by introducing 6 primary school friends and their teacher whom the stories are about. The first story follows Rory as he try to find something to eat for Little Lunch because he has once again left his lunch box at home. In the second story, we follow the kids through Grandparents Day when Batttie doesn't think his grandfather is going to be able to show up because he's been sick. In the last story titled The Cake Sale we follow Melanie as she tries to sell slices of cake that she made to raise money for homeless puppies.

This book was just as hilarious as the show. The pictures throughout make the stories even more enjoyable. The book would be perfect for young readers ages 7-11. They would be great as an independent read and also as a read aloud since I read these to my daughters who are 7 and 9. I look forward to the other books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Lunch.

Finished Reading