A Klue's Reviews > King of None

King of None by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

Once again, Lydia, the heroine, finds love can be a deadly thing. She’s faced unbelievable, unimaginable odds and circumstances since we first met her in book 1, King of Flames. Now the heat is really turned up, as she has to do battle with a cold, calculating, seemingly unbeatable adversary who seems destined to love her to death. It looks like Lydia will have to dig deep into her own bag of paranormal abilities and tricks to prove love truly can conquer even the most savage beast. With a never give up, never surrender attitude, this always stays true to herself heroine proves you can’t keep a good woman down. She’s also proven time and time again she’ll sacrifice herself for the good of others.

Aon, the hero, is in rare form here, folks. To say he’s not himself is quite an understatement. According to this self proclaimed King of everything, he’s right as rain and now reigns over every nook, cranny, living and even undead creature in the land of Under. He’s feared by everyone, even those courageous enough to attempt to stand up against him. Lydia is helping lead the charge in this dangerous rebellion, all while desperately wanting to destroy and save Aon at the same time.

Lydia is looking and feeling quite differently herself, my fellow fans of The Masks of Under series. She’s shifted in a powerful makeover of her own enabling her to face off and down a man claiming to love her for eternity and beyond. But there are some big, ancient problems standing in the way of this main couple’s HEA.

It was quite shocking to see this resurrected version of Aon of old up close and personal. Better brace yourself because unexpected, gruesome murder and mayhem come as easy to him as breathing. I kinda sorta hated him at times. You just have to keep in mind there is a lot of history and elements into play here that put an unexpected spin on things. My heart broke but at the same time was filled with hope at a glimpse we were given that someone was still fighting to break free and make things right.

Here’s to hoping all this turmoil will be ancient history when the Ancients get their just rewards. Yeah, I can’t wait for the clock to run out on them and a great reckoning kicks in. I think that would be a great wrap up to this completely captivating series. There’s one more book yet to be released to find out how it all actually ends.

P.S. If you hurry, you can read this series as part of Kindle Unlimited.

Romance Safety Gang: (view spoiler)

Title: King of None, Series: The Masks of Under (Book 5), Author: Kathryn Ann Kingsley, Pages: 214, not a stand-alone, must read all books in order, graphic/at times very gruesome fight scenes, no love triangle, no OW/OM drama, not together as a couple in this book.

Book 1 - King of Flames
Book 2 - King of Shadows
Book 3 - Queen of Dreams
Book 4 - King of Blood
Book 5 - King of None
(One more book to come!)

(I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not given any payment or compensation for this review. There is no affiliation or relationship between this reviewer and the author/publisher/PR firm).

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King of None.

July 2, 2019 – Started Reading