Bookbesties's Reviews > Someone to Honor

Someone to Honor by Mary Balogh

Heyyyyy Westcott family addicts!!!! I was so anxiously waiting to get my hands on this next book that I literally stopped reading everything else to start this book. Mary Balough has delivered another beautiful leading lady who finds her perfect match in the most unlikely place. I was sure the this story was going to be about Jessica or any of the other Westcotts but was very pleasantly surprised when I discovered it was Abby who finds love in this book. I loved this story as much as I did the others and truly cannot wait for the next one.
Abigail Westcott is ready to live a peaceful life as a spinster, after the discovery of her illegitimate birth she has no desire to return to society in spite of her familytrying to encourage her. When her brother returns home from war in ill health she seizes it asthe perfect opportunity to return to her childhood home in the country, get away from it all, and live the life she chooses. Well she will just as soon as her brother’s friend and escort returns to London.
Lieutenant Colonel Gilbert Bennington is relieved to be back home in England after so many years away at war. Before he can return to his own life he must see his friend Henry Westcott on the road to recovery by escorting him home and remaining there until his health improves. Little did he know that while there he would meet the one woman who can solve all his problems and break down the walls he built around his heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone to Honor.

Finished Reading