Erin's Reviews > The Vow

The Vow by Kim Carpenter

Mar 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: books-read-in-2012

I went back and forth on how many stars to give this - 3 or 4. I really enjoyed learning more about this couple and their story. It's the way the story is written that brings it down to three stars for me. It's just not the most engaging writing style. Some areas of the book are short on details, which makes it harder to fill in the gaps on things like their process of falling back in love. Regardless of this, I could see myself reading it again, and I will be recommending the book to others. It's not the way the words are put together that makes this story worth reading; it's the commitment that each had to honor their commitment before God. In addition to this, though, it's the dedication of all those around them - friends and family - who did all they could to encourage the couple. That support was monumental in helping the Carpenters keep their vows, as acknowledged by Kim multiple times.

Clean Reads Warning: Nothing to worry about here! Some description of the aftermath of the accident, but nothing too graphic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vow.