Melanie's Reviews > Save Me - BTS Webtoon

Save Me - BTS Webtoon by Big Hit Entertainment

bookshelves: buddy-reads, read-in-2019, dark, graphic-novels

“No matter how many times I tried, I could never save all of them on my own.”

Save Me (The Most Beautiful Moment in Life 0) is a graphic work story all about BTS’s BU (Bangtan Universe), which is an alternative universe in which BTS was never formed, even though the seven members all went to school together and were close friends. Yet, when this webtoon starts out, they are all very distanced from one another. You can read this for free HERE!

Also, I very much recommend watching the music videos for I NEED U, Run, and Epilogue: Young Forever, where you will see this story come to life before your eyes. There are so many more easter eggs and so many more music videos, but I personally feel like these are the three most important to watch before or after you read this webtoon! But please know that this is a very dark story, with very dark themes and elements! So, please make sure you are in a safe headspace! And just in case, I’m going to link my content and trigger warnings at the start of this review, so you can use caution reading this review as well!

Content and Trigger Warnings: suicide, murder, death, abuse, overdosing, forced institutionalization, depression depiction, grief depiction, trauma depiction, abandonment, and loss of a loved one.

Jin is the star of this story, because he has the ability to travel back in time and is hoping that he can make things right. Jin lost touch with everyone when he studied abroad, but now he is back and a dream where all his friends are at the bottom of the ocean is haunting him. Now, he is waking up every day on April 11th, trying to remember what he experienced, and trying to come up with how he can save himself and his six lost friends from terrible fates.

Seokjin (석진) - Wakes up, missing his old friends and wondering about their whereabouts, when he slowly finds out that terrible things have happened to them all. He might have the power to save them all, but he need the help from them all to keep them safe.

Namjoon (남준) - Works at a gas station but is being detained for assaulting a driver.

Yoongi (윤기) - Is trying to commit suicide, after the death of his mother in a fire.

Hoseok (호석) - Abandoned by his mother for some time now and is now hospitalized and diagnosed with Munchausen syndrome.

Jimin (지민) - Also living in the hospital, feeling abandoned by his family, and struggling with very serious depression and suicidal thoughts.

Taehyung (태형) - Is being jailed by the police for murdering his father, who was abusive to he and his sister.

Jungkook (정국) - Looks like he was trying to commit suicide walking into traffic.

Art is breathtaking. Truly. And I read this on my iPad and the seamless flow of the story just scrolling down felt therapeutic. Really. I truly think this tale is wonderfully crafted, and this is coming from someone that doesn’t really like “Groundhogs Day” storylines where a character is forced to start a day over again and again. But Bless April 11th, and bless Kim Seokjin, because this was one of the most captivating things I’ve read all year.

The story is truly hard to read in the best way possible. ARMY loves BTS so much, that just seeing these heartbreaking alternative timelines is hard. But BTS is always so aware of their power and their platform, I think that they are bringing awareness to so many peoples actual realities.

Also, just picturing a world without BTS? I don’t want to know her. BTS is such a bright light in this trashfire world we live in. And just thinking about the generations of kids and teens listening to BTS and their message and how much positive and happy energy they are rippling through this world for lifetimes to come. I’m weeping speechlessly. And then picturing all the kids and teens of color who are growing up and seeing these seven members take over the world with their light and positivity? Giving them the confidence to do the very same, unapologetically? Wow, the actual true blessings. BTS is a gift to this world, and I’m forever thankful I’m living in it to experience it.

And as always, BTS and their genuine love for each other always shines through. These humans just truly love each other unconditionally and they value their friendship so very much. I truly think that is what the heart of this story is about; friendship, and all the immeasurable things these seven humans are willing to do for it. And the answer? It’s anything. They will do anything for their friendship.

Overall, this story just means a lot to me. You all know how hard I have fallen down the BTS rabbit hole this summer, and there is no coming back, friends. I can’t believe all the beautiful content that BTS (and bighit) gives us, and this alternative universe story is for also a highlight, as heartbreaking and heart-wrenching as it is. I for sure recommend this to any BTS fan out there, just please use caution because of all the triggers and the dark material. I purple you, friends. Happy reading.

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch

*in tiny* i love Maëlys

My BTS BookTube Videos!

Buddy read with Ness! ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Save Me - BTS Webtoon.

July 1, 2019 – Shelved
July 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 1, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
July 1, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
July 25, 2019 – Started Reading
July 25, 2019 – Shelved as: dark
July 25, 2019 – Shelved as: graphic-novels
July 25, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Marie Excuse me this is a thing?!

connie I love this Webtoon I hope you enjoy it!!

message 3: by Penny (new) - added it

Penny Yessss, you're in deep now <3 good, goooood :D

Jane (It'sJaneLindsey) BU TIME LET’S GET IT

message 5: by rika ☆ (new)

rika ☆ Omg Melanie I didn't know you were into bts 🙈🙈

Zuraen You Love BTS!!
Amazing.

Melanie Jessica wrote: "Excuse me this is a thing?!"

The ARMY is too giving, Jess. 💖xx

Melanie Connie wrote: "I love this Webtoon I hope you enjoy it!!"

I can't wait to start it today, love! 💖xx

Melanie Jane (It'sJaneLindsey) wrote: "BU TIME LET’S GET IT"

Just let me stop being emotional forever! 💖xx

Melanie Zuraen wrote: "You Love BTS!!
Amazing."

My heart is so full! 💖xx

Melanie rikaandbooks wrote: "Omg Melanie I didn't know you were into bts 🙈🙈"

I only have been for about.... 5 days now.... but I promise you, I am truly living my best life. 💖xx

message 12: by Danny Zhou (new)

Danny Zhou ok

message 13: by Penny (new) - added it

Penny Now this is a review I NEED in my life!!

Delaney Felix Thanks to you and April I just read this whole thing 😂

message 15: by Erica (new) - added it

Erica D`souza Well written. Is this complete fan fiction?

Melanie Penny wrote: "Now this is a review I NEED in my life!!"

I love youuu! 💛xx

Melanie Delaney wrote: "Thanks to you and April I just read this whole thing 😂"

My heart! Bless you! 💛xx

Melanie Erica wrote: "Well written. Is this complete fan fiction?"

I wouldn't say fanfiction because it's big bighit.... but it is 100% a work of fiction! 💛xx

message 19: by Lacey (new)

Lacey Your reviews are just beautiful. 💗💗💗💗

Katie Literally what other group in the world has a WEBTOON that connects to their music video storylines and ties everything together???? I truly love them so freakin much

message 21: by Erica (new) - added it

Erica D`souza I was interested in BTS after Boy with luv released. Should I dig into the whole fanbase and a background reading before picking this up? I know the band members by name....but nothing about their struggle to fame.

Melanie Lacey wrote: "Your reviews are just beautiful. 💗💗💗💗"

Awh, thank you, Lacey! ilysm! 💖xx

Melanie Katie wrote: "Literally what other group in the world has a WEBTOON that connects to their music video storylines and ties everything together???? I truly love them so freakin much"

We stan only BTS and Coheed and Cambria and their tie-in art on all platforms of media! 💖xx

Melanie Erica wrote: "I was interested in BTS after Boy with luv released. Should I dig into the whole fanbase and a background reading before picking this up? I know the band members by name....but nothing about their ..."

Honestly? Watching Run BTS (on VLive) was the thing that made me fall in love with them, and appreciate everything they do (and give) for ARMY. This really doesn't have anything to do with them as a band, but I for sure recommend it if you're already emotionally attached to them! 💖xx

message 25: by Maggie (new) - added it

Maggie ☘ Me too, me too. I fell down the BTS rabbit hole this summer (after seeing Mic Drop vid) as well. And loving it there!:D Jimin (and Suga) are my favourite. lmao

elena i've been on this bangtan sonyeondan shit for 3+ years now and it's definitely impacted my life and i'm so glad you are now a part of this family too. i purple you melanie 💜

Tabi⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ what a great review!!

sr.uk25 good

sr.uk25 good

Tashfeen BTS forever. ARMY forever. Saranghae.

Mrs julie Anne hughes I love them so much I am a big army of them and I love their songs so much and books

Lola S. (bookworm Forever) Yassssss BTS is life. Please please please please join Quaratunes today i'll be under Todd's iphone

Vanessa ♥ You´re so right, the true message of this webtoon is the power of friendship and how far are we willing to go for the people that we love. It is truly incredible how BTS and Big Hit keep feeding us with such amazing content. Also, I recommend you to check out other webtoons, there are some true gems.

Maëlys hey, i love you more than words

Melanie Maggie wrote: "Me too, me too. I fell down the BTS rabbit hole this summer (after seeing Mic Drop vid) as well. And loving it there!:D Jimin (and Suga) are my favourite. lmao"

awh, i love this so much! 💜xx

Melanie elena wrote: "i've been on this bangtan sonyeondan shit for 3+ years now and it's definitely impacted my life and i'm so glad you are now a part of this family too. i purple you melanie 💜"

i purple you (so much), sweet friend! 💜xx

Melanie Tabi (ᕗツ)ᕗ wrote: "what a great review!!"

thank you, tabi! 💜xx

Melanie sr.uk25 wrote: "good"

💜xx

Melanie Tashfeen wrote: "BTS forever. ARMY forever. Saranghae."

i purple youuu 💜xx

Melanie Mrs julie Anne hughes wrote: "I love them so much I am a big army of them and I love their songs so much and books"

i love this so much, sweetheart! 💜xx

Melanie Vanessa wrote: "You´re so right, the true message of this webtoon is the power of friendship and how far are we willing to go for the people that we love. It is truly incredible how BTS and Big Hit keep feeding us..."

truly so well fed, even in these quarantine times! hehe! did you see the notes 2 flowershop drop tonight? my heart is gonna burst! 💜xx

Melanie Maëlys wrote: "hey, i love you more than words"

hai2u, i love you even more than that (and love, someone once said) 💜xx

message 44: by Suzi (new)

Suzi i have 0 friends and 0 followers ®

Saudah This is such a beautiful review!
BTS really talks about the most important things in life!💜

message 46: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte I had no idea about this, its definitely getting an add to my tbr pile. Thank you for your review! I would have completely missed it

Namra How I can read it free