Cat Spearey's Reviews > Hudson's Kill

Hudson's Kill by Paddy Hirsch

As a historical thriller set in New York in the 1800s I wasn't sure what I was expecting especially as I hadn't read the first novel with these characters but Paddy Hirsch sets an exceptional scene. I could picture every scene clearly and I could hear the characters American and Irish drawls clear as day in my head while I was reading. I will say one thing - I found the lingo difficult in places as I often had to refer to the translation listings in the back of the book to tell me what some of the words meant!
The narrative flows really well, switching between Justice (Justy) and Kerry smoothly and allowing the reader to follow the storyline with ease. I really enjoyed these characters and I will definitely be getting the first novel from this author so that I can catch up however I don't feel I needed to read it to understand what was happening in Hudson's Kill.
Overall I would recommend this novel to those who read novels such as CJ Sansom & SJ Parris and enjoy the historical aspect to those novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hudson's Kill.

July 1, 2019 – Started Reading